Join the celebration in social media
The history behind World Sexual Health Day
In 2010, the World Association for Sexual Health (WAS) called all their organizations to celebrate, on each September 4th, the World Sexual Health Day (WSHD) in an effort to promote a greater social awareness on sexual health across the globe. The first World Sexual Health Day was celebrated with the slogan “Let’s talk about it!” to start breaking fears and taboos surrounding sexuality.
World Sexual Health Day has been celebrated in 60 countries with a wide range of activities from Round Tables of Discussion to Conferences and Art Exhibitions. Country organizers have taken WSHD activities to schools, media, hospitals, libraries, universities, public squares, art halls, theatre groups, etc. WAS wants to ensure that sexual health issues are discussed everywhere! Past topics of World Sexual Health Day are:
- 2021 Coming soon!!
- 2020 “Sexual pleasure in times of COVID-19”
- 2019 “Sexuality Education for all: a bridge to sexual health”
- 2018 “Sexual Health and Sexual Rights are FUNDAMENTAL for well-being – Celebrating 40 years of the World Association for Sexual Health”
- 2017 “Love, bonding and intimacy, a possibility for all”
- 2016 “Sexual Health: Eliminating the Myths”
- 2015 “Sexual Health for a fairer society”
- 2014 “Sexual health: The well-being of sexuality”
- 2013 “To achieve sexual health, picture yourself owning your sexual rights!”
- 2012 “In a diverse world, sexual health for all!”
- 2011 “Youth’s sexual health: Shared rights and responsibilities.”
- 2010 “Let’s talk about it!”