North American Federation of Sexuality Organizations (NAFSO)
Lynn Barclay (United States)
Proposals & Objectives
NAFSO is a coalition of not-for-profit organizations devoted to the promotion of sexual science, sexual health, and sexual rights. NAFSO was created to:
- Promote cooperation, collaboration, communication, and coordination among sexual health, research, and advocacy organizations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
- Promote international cooperation between members of NAFSO and other sexological federations including the World Association for Sexual Health.
- Promote educational programs and research leading to increased knowledge for professionals in sexology-related disciplines.
- Advocate for accurate and comprehensive sexual health information in the public domain.
NAFSO was formed on May 6, 2002 at meeting of the Council of Associations for Sexual Science, Health, and Education (CASSHE) in Miami Beach, Florida. The charter members of NAFSO are:
- American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapist (AASECT)
- Canadian Sex Research Forum (CSRF)
- Foundation for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (FSSS)
- The Mexican federation for Sexology and Sexuality Education (FEMESS)
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS)
- Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSSS)
- Society for Sex Therapy and Research (SSTAR)